Operabase has documented operatic activity worldwide since 1996, with over 430,000 performances on file. It records the work of artists in over 900 theatres, and publishes season information to opera-goers in 23 languages.
The majority of Operabase's information is provided free of charge. The public area contains access to the current, last and announced future seasons. The information can be searched in different, flexible ways :
- search by artist, title of the work, composer, city, company, dates or a combination of these criteria
- fields with autocompletion fields which allows to find names without knowing the exact spelling
- search in different languages for city and country names
- geographic information is used to create mouse-sensitve maps and listings of performances in neighbouring cities
Operabase supplies performance listings to specialist opera magazines, Opera in the UK, Oper! Das Magazin in Germany, Opéra Magazine in France and Ópera Actual in Spain.
In addition, Operabase offers professional tools for all actors of the lyrical world :
- Operabase Professional for theatres and festivals
- Operabase Pro Agent for artist managers
- Operabase Pro Artist for all artists active in the lyrical world
Sune Hjerrild, CEO | Mike Gibb, Creative Director | Muriel Denzler, COO | Armand Arapian, Director of Programming